Fast Track Your Application
On May 3, 2011, to assist homeowners, Windsor City Council approved a Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program (BFP). The BFP is a program to assist homeowners by way of a financial subsidy to install flood protection devices such as a sump pump and/or back-water valve.
The City is offering residents a financial subsidy to install a sump pump, sump pump overflow and/or install a back-water valve and/or disconnect foundation drains from the floor drain.
The City is now offering applicants the option to ‘fast-track’ their subsidy applications, making it even easier to receive your rebates. We have broken down the process below. If you have any questions or need help with your application, feel free to call DC Basement Waterproofing & Concrete Raising for help.
1. Pre-Qualification - Fill out and submit the initial screening form to determine if you are eligible for the BFP subsidy program.
2. Pre-Condition Assessment - Fill out and submit the Fast Track form for the flood mitigation measures you plan on installing.
3. Estimate - You will then receive an estimate for the job outlining what the city will cover and the remaining balance.
4. Permit - Upon completion of the first 3 steps, DC Basement Waterproofing & Concrete Raising will request a permit from the city to complete the job.
5. Do Work - Work will commence, protecting your home from any future flooding.
6. Final Inspection - A final inspection from the city will take place to ensure everything was completed to code.
7. Payment - Once the city approves, payment will be made and an invoice will be issued.
8. Estimate Waivers - Sign the Acknowledgement of Responsibility and Liability Waiver. DC will then submit all paperwork, including signed estimates, paid invoice, and liability waivers for you to the City of Windsor.
Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy – Eligible Amounts
*Disputes with respect to qualifying work will be resolved by the City Engineer and/or the Chief Building Official or their designate.
The MAXIMUM ELIGIBLE SUBSIDY LIMIT IS $2,800 per HOME/UNIT
What the program does not cover:
Who is eligible for this program?
This program is available to homeowners who live in the City of Windsor and do not have amounts owing to the City such as back taxes or overdue payments.
You can view the latest information from the City of Windsor here
View full PDF-> Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program.